Thursday, September 8, 2011

So many swatches, so little time

I was just itching to get the living-turned-family room painted, so a couple weeks ago I canvased every paint store in the area to pick up the best specimens of light aqua they carry. Is it just me, or do you feel like you're stealing when you walk out with a fistful of swatches too?

Pardon the lighting, but the first two photos are all of the swatches taped up to the walls. We knew some immediately were out, but others it took us a while.




We hemmed and hawed over them for a couple days, and narrowed our choices down to four.




They all look the same in the above photo, but trust me when I say they were very different. Thank goodness for the little sample cans...those colors can look so different from what they look like on a tiny little swatch! The two colors on the ends were too neon, so it was really between the two in the middle. Which were pretty drastically different. In the end we went with (drumroll...) the second from the left, called Mint Whisper by Valspar. It's light but not too light, and not too green or too blue. And not too neon.

After an entire long weekend (thanks, Labor Day!) we had the primer and two coats of Mint Whisper on the walls. As soon as I tidy up the room enough I'll get full shots with the new color AND the other new additions to the room.

No comments: