Without further ado:
1. Redo the fireplace in the family room, and add flanking built-in bookshelves.
|Pre-paint on the walls|
2. Paint all the closet doors and get them back in place so I don't have to look at everything in them every time I walk by.
3. Finish the master bedroom wall stencil before stencils go out of style. Oh I never blogged about that? Shocker. Maybe one day.
4. Carpet the dungeon, a.k.a. the new living room/den. Man, we need to just nail down a name for that room already! It's been painted, we're just figuring out where we want to buy the carpet from. I'd love to use a local mom-and-pop shop, but when they're 20 times more expensive than Lowe's that's a hard pill to swallow. We're already investing many pennies into this pad!
5. Renovate the master bathroom. Or for the love of God replace the toilet that never looks clean and uses 14 gallons of water every time it's flushed.
|Don't judge my decorating skills—this was before we bought it thankyouverymuch|
6. Renovate the kitchen. There, I said it.
|Yikes! This is right after we moved in. Looks 7% better now.|
7. Paint the exterior wood panelling, front door, garage door and trim. And replace the rotting soffits and add some more vents.
8. Fix up the disaster area that we call an "office". Not even going to show a current picture of the hideousness.
|After carpet and curtain removal, before wallpaper and blind removal|
9. Get our front yard garden going this spring! Not sure how the neighbors are going to feel about that, but it ain't yo' yard (snaps fingers and bobs head).
|That giant pine tree is gone...we're feeling a bit exposed|
10. Make the rest of the wallpaper in the house HISTORY!
|Also before we moved in. Fun fact: that rug was pretty much |
fused to the floor. Thanks Mom for scraping it off!
11. Turn the sun porch into a useable space by painting the walls, cleaning the windows, painting the floor, and getting some furniture.
|Not a great shot of the porch, but you can kinda see it. And the |
decal that is long gone.
12. Add a French door to the backyard in the dining room. And a patio for back there while we're at it.
I can think of many more things I want to have completed, but it already looks like it's shaping up to be a (very) busy year :)
Linking up to Nesting Place home goals party